Monitoring and verification of an installed heat pump
The GxTracker™ provides residential and light commercial ground source heat pump (GSHP) users with an affordable, easy-to-install monitoring and verification system that shows real-time data about the heat transfer and environmental and cost benefits associated with their GSHP heating and cooling system.
The GxTracker™ can be readily installed onto an existing heat pump. System monitoring and verification will help you:
- Track entering water temperature (the leading indicator of performance) and get email alerts if entering water temperature goes outside of user-specified limits.
- See your GSHP system performance with BTU production, electricity consumption.
- Show your carbon offsets calculated from actual operating data and accounting for your local electric grid carbon intensity.
- Work more effectively with your installer if service calls are necessary. Data graphs can be shared with installer so they can see a record of system operating conditions to help diagnose problems, should they arise.
- Share your success with family and friends who might be interested in geothermal heating and cooling.
The GxTracker™ can be customized to meet your monitoring needs.
- Up to 3 ground source heat pumps (water-to-air or water-to-water)
- Three options for tracking electrical usage
- Measure heat pump runtime anduse manufacturer specifications to model kWh.
- Measure current and compute kWh by multiplying by voltage (assumes power factor of 1).
- Submeter electricity consumptions using a WattNode® with pulse output.
- Three options for tracking flow rate:
- Use constant design flow rate (most common)
- Measure flow with a vortex shedding flowsensor
- Meter flow with a pulse output flow meter.
See Live Demo sites.